Happy Thursday, everyone.
Let’s get right to it.
Good morning to everyone but especially to…
THE ATLANTA HAWKS…
- Danilo Gallinari
- 2023 first-round pick via Charlotte
- 2025 first-round pick via Atlanta
- 2026 first-round pick swap with Atlanta
- 2027 first-round pick via Atlanta
Murray, 25, should be a strong fit alongside Trae Young. He adds much-needed defensive toughness to a team that finished 26th in defensive rating. He’s on an affordable deal ($16.5 million this season, $17.7 million the next) and joins a core that includes Young, De’Andre Hunter, John Collins, Kevin Huerter and Onyeka Okongwu (all 25 or younger), as well as vets Clint Capela and Bogdan Bogdanovic.
- Last season, Murray became the only player in NBA history to average 20-plus points, eight-plus rebounds, nine-plus assists and two-plus steals.
- He also had 13 triple-doubles — second to only MVP Nikola Jokic.
- Standing 6’5″ with a 6’10” wingspan, Murray is a nightmare for smaller guards and can hold his own against wings.
Atlanta earned an “A” in our NBA expert Jack Maloney’s. According to SportsLine’s calculations, with Murray in the mix, Atlanta’s projected win total jumped from 41.2 to 44, and its chance to make the playoffs jumped from 54.6% to 71.6%.
… AND ALSO A GOOD MORNING TO THE PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
James Harden‘s first season in Philadelphia didn’t go as planned. He’s trying to make sure Year 2 is different. The 76ers star